This meat potato casserole is a recipe that my grandmother used to keep me and my finicky cousins well-fed! It is very kid-friendly, and adults like it too!
I’ve been so busy lately that getting dinner on the table has been a bit of a challenge. It goes it spurts doesn’t it? One minute you have time to plan and think; the next you’re wondering what the heck you’re going to make to feed your family!
Well this Meat Potato Casserole was delicious, quick and SUPER easy to make; a.k.a the perfect weeknight meal!
Ingredients ( Servings 8 )
- 1 Lb.Beef, Ground
- 1 tsp.Rosemary, Dried
- 1 tsp.Garlic Powder
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- ¼ cupHeavy Whipping Cream
- ½ cupBeef Broth
- 1 Can Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- 5 Potatoes, Peeled And Thinly Sliced
- 1 ½cupCheese, Shredded
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
How To Make Meat and Potato Casserole
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 9 x 13 baking dish well.
- Cook the meat and onion over medium high heat on the stove until the onions are tender and meat is browned. Drain the excess fat.
- In a bowl, combine the heavy whipping cream, broth, rosemary, garlic powder, cream of mushroom soup and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Layer half of the potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Top with ⅓ of the soup mixture and ½ of the meat mixture.
- Repeat another layer of potatoes, ⅓ of the soup and the remaining meat mixture.
- Top with the remaining soup mixture and then the shredded cheese.
- Cover in foil and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.