- 1 Packet dry active yeast
- ¼ C. Warm water
- ½ C. Milk
- ½ C. Buttermilk
- ¼ C. Granulated sugar
- 1 Egg
- Pinch salt
- 3 ½ C. All-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. Softened unsalted butter
Honey Cinnamon Butter
- 4 Tbsp. Butter softened and unsalted
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Confectioners sugar
How To Make Texas Roadhouse’s Rolls
- Place the yeast and warm water into a bowl or container, stir once and let rest.
- Add the milk and buttermilk to a microwave safe container, and heat until warmed. It is okay if the buttermilk separates at this point, it will not affect the recipe.
- Stir 2 tbsp. Softened butter into the milk and buttermilk mixture until melted.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the milk mixture, yeast, granulated sugar, salt and 1 cup of flour. Beat on high with a dough hook until combined well and smooth.
- Add the egg to the bowl, and beat until well incorporated.
- Slowly add the remaining flour a little at a time until the dough comes cleanly away from the dough hook attachment in the mixer.
- Flour the dough slightly, and turn into a ball in a well greased large mixing bowl.
- Cover and let the dough rest to rise for 1 hour.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface, and roll it out until it is ½ inch thick.
- Cut the dough into 12 even rectangular shapes.
- Fold the ends of each rectangle under to form a roll shape, and let sit on a parchment or silicone mat lined baking sheet to rise slightly for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake the rolls for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- Brush with melted butter on top if desired.
- Combine the ingredients for the cinnamon honey butter in a bowl and mix until completely combined.
- Serve the warm rolls with the butter.