- 2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes (about 3)
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 packet (5-ounce) divided evaporated milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 9 pie crust, uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoon flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk (from the box above)
- 1/4 C halves pecan, optional
How To Make Sweet Potato Pie
- Preheated oven 375 deg . Lay the pie crust on a cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, flour, milk (set aside 2 tablespoons for use in glaze), eggs, and vanilla.
- Add the sweet potato. For the inside of the pie crust.
- For glaze, mix sugar, flour, butter and 2 tablespoons of milk. We pour over the sweet potato mixture, but don’t hold back! If wanted, garnish with pecan half .
- Bake for an hour or until the crust is golden in color. A knife is placed near the center and it comes out clean.
- Tip: Sometimes I don’t even use a glaze. Especially if I’m using the remaining portion of the sweet potato slices. It can get a little too sweet!
The last step: Don’t forget to share!