- 2 lb fresh green beans washed & trimmed
- 1 lbs smoked turkey legs
- 64 oz water, chicken broth, or turkey broth
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4-5 medium russet potatoes peeled & chopped
- 2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
How To Make Southern Beans With Smoked Turkey Necks And Potatoes
- Start off by placing the smoked turkey into a large pot.
- Pour the broth or water into the pot, then turn the heat to high.
- Let the turkey cook until it’s nice and tender, then remove it from the pot. Be sure to NOT drain the liquid from the pot. We will use it!
- Shred or dice up the turkey meat. Make sure to remove all the bones, and skin.
- Now toss the green beans, smoked turkey, onions, and garlic into the pot with the liquid.
- Sprinkle in the seasonings, and stir the ingredients.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, then add in the potatoes.
- Cook until everything is nice and tender, or cook to your preference.
- Serve and enjoy with cornbread