- ⅓ Cup.Of Olive Oil
- A Large Chopped Onion
- 6 medium Carrots
- 2 Pounds.Of Okra
- 6-Ounces. Tomato Paste
- Fresh Spinach; I used 1 pound
- 3 Garlic Cloves -Chopped
- 2 Tbsp.Of Bouillon Vegetable Paste
- 1 Tsp.Of Salt
- 4 Cups.Of Water
- ¼ Cup.Of Fresh Parsley
- 3 Garlic Cloves – Chopped
- 1 Tbsp.Of Allspice
- ½ Tsp.Of Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp.Of Cayenne Pepper
How To Make Okra Stew
- Prepare the ingredients by chopping the parsley, onion, carrot, and garlic. Set aside.
- In a skillet, place the oil and heat it over medium-high heat. Once the oil has heated up, add the onions and carrots. Wait 5 minutes before serving.
- Bring in the okra. Cooking with stirring for about twenty-five minutes. After they have reached the desired tenderness, the okra may be mashed with a spoon.
- Cook for another ten minutes with the lid on and continuing to cover the pot. Continue mashing with the spoon while stirring to prevent the mixture from adhering to the bottom. This procedure ought to take roughly 5 minutes to complete.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes with the cover on. After removing the lid, add the tomato paste to the pot. To blend, give it a good stir.