For the Dough
½ tablespoon instant yeast
½ cup warm milk
3 tablespoons sugar
¼ cup butter, well softened, but not melted
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups all purpose flour
For the Filling
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
½ cup brown sugar
3 Tablespoons butter, softened
For the Pecan Topping
⅓ cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoons corn syrup
3 Tablespoons butter
½ cup chopped pecans
How To Make Caramel Pecan Sticky Rolls
1. Proof the yeast in the warm milk for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly. Whisk in the sugar, butter, salt and egg. Stir in the flour until the dough comes together.
2. Knead the dough on a floured surface for a few minutes until it is smooth and elastic. Place in a greased bowl and let rise until double in size.
3. Punch the dough down and need a few times until smooth. Combine the ½ cup brown sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon.
4. Make the Pecan topping by combining the brown sugar, corn syrup and butter in a small saucepan. Heat until almost boiling and the sugar is melted. Pour the mixture into a greased 10 round baking pan and sprinkle with pecans. Set aside
5. Roll the dough into an 10 by 18 inch rectangle. Spread the 4 tablespoons of butter on the dough. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll up tightly starting on the short edge.
6. Using thread or a very sharp knife, cut the log into 8 or 9 rolls. Place them on top of the pecan filling in the 10 inch baking pan and let them rise. Bake at 375 F for 15-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove them from the oven and let them sit for a minute. Invert the pan on a foiled lined tray. Be careful, the caramel is very hot. They are best served warm.