These homemade peanut butter eggs are the perfect combination of creamy peanut butter center with a thick, rich chocolate covering making these the best Easter dessert! With only a handful of ingredients these chocolate eggs can be made quickly and easily even with the help of kids!
Loved how easy these were and they tasted just like the real thing! Because all of my family loves peanut butter eggs, we will definitely be making these again!
- 1 lb. (about 3 1/2 cups) powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter or marg, softened
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
How To Make Homemade Peanut Butter Eggs
Mix together with hands until thoroughly blended. Shape into eggs. Chill until firm. Dip in chocolate coating.
To melt chocolate for coating, a crockpot on low heat works well. It keeps the chocolate at a uniform heat.
- Do not use natural peanut butter in this recipe, as it is too oily and the eggs will not set properly. Regular ‘ol Jif or Skippy is your best bet!
- You can substitute another nut butter (again, not natural, though!) for the peanut butter in this recipe.
- You can also use semisweet or dark chocolate for the coating, if you prefer.
- You can substitute refined coconut oil for the vegetable shortening in the coating.
- These are fine to sit out at room temperature but can be stored in the refrigerator for a month, easily, and frozen, too!