My favorite fall dessert recipes usually include pecans. Chocolate Fudge Pecan Pie combines two of my favorite foods – pecans and chocolate. Stir pecans into a chocolate custard, bake in a pie crust and serve warm with vanilla, chocolate or coffee ice cream. This is a comfort dessert to the max.
This easy chocolate pecan pie recipe is a classic pecan pie, but it’s also full of chocolate! It tastes like a gooey brownie inside. You only need one bowl and a whisk to make this pie, and it’ll be in the oven in under 10 minutes. It’s the perfect holiday pie!
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 (12-oz.) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (9-inch) frozen unbaked piecrust shell
- Ice cream
How To Make Chocolate Fudge Pecan Pie
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Microwave first 3 ingredients in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, whisking at 30-second intervals.
2. Whisk sugar and flour into chocolate mixture. Add eggs, 1 at a time, whisking just until blended after each addition. Whisk in vanilla and salt. Stir in pecans. Pour mixture into pie shell.
3. Bake at 375° for 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Serve with ice cream.
TIP: If you step away for a minute while making the pecan pie, be sure to give it a stir before pouring it into the pie crust. Sometimes the sugar will sink to the bottom and blog out and stirring it will keep that from happening.