- 3 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), four 4-oz pieces
- 1/2 tsp table salt, divided, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, divided, or to taste
- 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3 oz low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup(s) cornflake crumbs
How To Make Best Southern Fried Chicken Batter
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Lightly coat an 13- X 8- X 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
Season chicken with salt and cayenne pepper to taste; set aside.
Combine flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper together in a medium-size bowl. Place buttermilk and cornflakes crumbs in 2 separate shallow bowls.
Dredge chicken in flour mixture and evenly coat both sides. Next, dip chicken into buttermilk and turn to coat both sides. Last, dredge chicken in cornflake crumbs and turn to coat both sides.
Place coated chicken breasts in prepared baking dish. Bake until chicken is tender and no longer pink in center, about 25 to 30 minutes (there is no need to flip the chicken during baking).