- 6 Bell peppers
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 2 ½ cups diced tomatoes, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped well
- 2 cups cooked rice
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tsp garlic, freshly minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
How To Make Beef and Rice Stuffed Peppers
- Preheat the oven to 375*
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers, take out the seeds and spines
- In a 9×13 baking pan, place the 1 cup of broth, 2 cups of the diced tomatoes and the chopped onion.
- Stir well to combine
- In a large mixing bowl combine the ground beef, parmesan cheese, cooked rice, ½ cup of diced tomatoes, parsley and salt and pepper. Combine well.
- Spoon a good portion of meat mix into each of the peppers and place the top back on each pepper
- Place the peppers in the 9×13 baking pan
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for one hour
- Remove the foil, sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and return to the oven for another 30 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!