- 4 pounds of chicken wings
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup Open Pit barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- Tabasco to taste (optional)
- Container: Large baking sheet
How To Make BBQ Wings Homemade Sauce
Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut off and discard wingtips. Sprinkle wings with salt and pepper and place on a broiler pan or a baking sheet lined with foil.
Broil 4 to 5 inches away from heat for 20 minutes, turning once during the middle of broiling.
Transfer chicken to a slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl; stir to combine.
Pour the sauce over chicken and cover. Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or on high 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Or place chicken in a foil-lined baking dish, coat with sauce, and bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 350° F. Remove from the oven and turn over; coat again with sauce and cook another 30 minutes.