For The Pie
- 1 large lemon- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 (9 inches) pie crust, unbaked (You can use a frozen deep dish if desired)
For the topping: (optional)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
How To Make Arizona Sunshine Lemon Pie
1. Take your pie crust out of the freezer or make your own. You can use a frozen deep dish pie crust, it will work perfectly. Simply place it on a cookie sheet because the metal pan is not that strong but if using a glass pie plate you won’t need to do this.
2. Then directly preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Afterwards, you should wash your lemon then cut up and remove all the seeds (Don’t peel it, you will blend the whole lemon!) and make sure to place in your high powered blender (such as a Vitamix).
4. Add together the eggs, butter, vanilla, and sugar then blend until smooth. You’d better start at power 5 then move up to 10.
5. into your piecrust, pour the mixture and bake until set, for about 40 minutes.
6. Once set, cool it then chill in the fridge.
For the topping:
7. Place in the freezer your mixing bowl and beaters for about 20 minutes. Add your whipping cream and sugar. Whip till peaks form.
8. Slice pie and serve chilled with a dollop of the whipped cream on top. You can even enjoy it warm (is just won’t be as firm) or room temperature, but it’s best chilled.