There are so many things to love about this bread recipe, but if I had to highlight the best parts, it’s that it only requires shelf stable ingredients (no milk, eggs or butter needed!) and it’s EASY and fool-proof to make! Whether you’re a newbie or experienced bread maker, you can’t mess this up, and I know you’re going to love it!
- 2 Cups of Warm Water
- 2/3 Cup Honey
- 1 3/4 Tablespoons Active Dry Yeast
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
- 6 Cups Bread Flour
How To Make An Easy Homemade Bread
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together warm water and honey until honey is dissolved. Add yeast, and cover with a towel.
- In about 10-20 minutes, your mixture should look delightfully frothy.
- Mix in your salt, and then add the bread flour one cup at a time. (Use the whisk for the first three cups and then switch to a wooden spoon or silicone spatula for the last three cups.)
- Add a little extra flour to your hands and knead the dough, about 5 minutes. (Knead the dough right in the large mixing bowl. It keeps your counter cleaner.) Place kneaded dough in a large, greased bowl and cover with towel.
- After an hour, your dough should have risen significantly.
- *Punch the dough for awhile then knead again for a couple of minutes. *Divide into two lightly-greased loaf pans and cover with your towel once more.
- After allowing the dough to rise for 30 minutes in the loaf pans, bake in a preheated oven at 325 for 30-35 minutes.
- A lot of bread recipes use an oven at 350, 325 works better if you use honey.